Saturday, August 8, 2009

Bring it Lance


My little vacation overseas has come and gone, and my focus has shifted to my Leadville prep. Last weekend was spent in South MO turning some long hours on Middlefork and Council Bluffs beautiful trails. Things were a bit more overgrown than I’m used to seeing in that part of the country, but at least the GORC hero’s have been hard at work clearing the downfall from this spring’s thrashing.

I’ve been resting like crazy this week trying to get the last bit of fatigue to leave the legs before the last little tune-up this weekend and next week. Seems my recovery is taking a while though as I still feel some lingering effects of all the hard rides of the past month. I’ll be ready though, as this is one of (if not the) biggest race of my lowly career.

We head out Monday after work to KC for the night, and on to Copper Mt Tuesday for some short course recon, and altitude acclamation. I don’t know how I could have prepared any better, so whatever I get is what it is. Although I’ll be turning myself completely inside out for a sub 9 finish, and the Gold Buckle.

Check back for Copper Mt and maybe some pics of the competition.

2 comments:

Heavy D said...

Good luck to you and company. I know you will make all us wanna be's proud!!!!

Unknown said...

good luck at leadville, i'm a little bit jelous.