Monday, June 21, 2010

LumberJack 100


I have nothing but positive superlatives when recounting this event. Drama free check-in, well marked fast and flowy schweet ass course, instant results, delish grub and beer following.

Props to DoubleD for putting the smack down and representing MO with a 23rd place just over the 8:00 hour mark, and my brother in law Todd (who shall now be known as Mr. Clean for various reasons) for completing his first 100 miler in under 9 hours! I made it in 31st just 8 min. back of DoubleD.

Will probably put this one on the books for next year. About 70% of the 33 mile loop is dope, fast as you can turn, swoopy goodness. Add in the fact that the sand base only gets better with rain, which I seem to attract, the cooler temps, low humidity, and the charm of upper Michigan port town, and I will for sure be back.

Picks here.

No comments: