Thursday, December 24, 2009

Man Cave



I’ve always like building things. My father is an Industrial Arts teacher at my high school, and in the summers as a teenager and most of college, we would complete room additions, remodels, etc for some extra dough. My Dad used to say teaching was just a hobby, as he made more money during the summer. Anyway, along the way he taught me how to sweat a joint, mud and tape some rock, wire up a panel, and lay a straight single. Invaluable stuff every homeowner should know.

This is a blessing and a curse. A blessing because I feel I can handle most issues with my house, and a curse, because I feel I should always do something myself as opposed to having it done for me (saving mucho time).

I’ve been working for a few weeks on the “Man Cave.” Progress is slow, due to Holiday commitments, but steady. With any luck, I’ll be ready for paint by 2010, and some new toys will arrive soon after that.

Stay tuned.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool, nice work. You need a door for the kegerator so you can work with minimal down time.