Wednesday, November 19, 2008

TWOFER!!!!!!!!!!!!!



I hate working Saturday's. Let me repeat, I hate working Saturday's. In high school while the "cool" kids were at the pool, or sleeping in and waking just in time catch then end of some Road Runner cartoons, I was cleaning out the weeks scummy buildup at the bottom of the milk case at the local grocery store. Now that I'm an adult (no comments about my adulthood status please), the thought of having to work them again makes my stomach churn like the aireated water at the swage plant. BUT, if all Saturdays worked out like it did today, a Wednesday, I could change my mind. Let me explain:

See, I worked last Sat, thus I'm free to choose a day off the following week. I decided to trust the weatherman and go with his predictions of high 50's and sun, and take today as my "flex" day instead of the Friday norm. Jackpot! Bingo! Whatever! Today rocked.

I started with a three hour CX ride to Hartsburg, up and over Wren School road and to Coopers Landing for some root beer and crackers (I think that's what Armstrong puts in his waterbottle and back pocket). I doubled back up Wren School (my new fav climb) and to A$$land. I then got the call from Heavy D for an afternoon at Rock Bridge on the MTB's. All told, 5.5 hours of riding bliss.

My wife's only response, "I dont think I like riding that much." Yes I'm weird. A couple times a year I get that feeling where riding is more fun than watching fat midgets on a slip-in-slide, and its all I think about. Of course its not all roses, because there are days (weeks even) where the thought of sticking a saddle up my butt another mile makes me want to vomit, but luckily they are few and far between.

Anyway, is Heavy D, showing off some mad skills. This is his famous switchback turtle maneuver.
And ripping some new cornering technique.

Do you have Mojo???

4 comments:

evenslower said...

I know there's a wooden bridge in that first picture I just can't find it.

I hate you guys.

Lanterne Rouge said...

Yep, I commented to Heavy that you better not have an interview room with a view, or you'd jump!

Heavy D said...

What can I say, I defy gravity... or is it the other way around?

Too bad you did not get a shot of me illustrating what happens when Gforce beats traction. I am sure I will give you more opportunities in the future though. Keep your camera handy!!

Anonymous said...

Haha, Heavy D knows how to throw it down!!!