Wednesday, December 17, 2008

CX Nationals in Kansas City


Sunday I was lucky enough to view a World Class Cycling event almost in my back yard. The Cyclocross National Championships concluded in Kansas City for the second year in a row (it will be in Portland OR next year). With this in mind, I felt it paramount that I attend this year, and off I went with a couple friends from BOCOMO. It did not disappoint. Watching some of the best riders in the world, take to a very challenging course in fridged temps was invigorating. One of the most inspiring rides came from 49 year old Steve Tilford mixing it up with guys half his age. Although not possessing the speed of old, he’s still there giving it his all, and thats commendable. The local MO talent showed well racing hard until the last laps. Here’s some pics: http://www.pbase.com/mike_best/cxnats08

No comments: