Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Ice Biking...


Ice biking rocks! Dr J and I, on our crusade to arrive in top form in March, put on the extra layers and braved the two inches of snow, under layer of ice, 16 degree temps, and cloche of darkness for a ride at COSMO and the Bear Creek Trail. Dr J was supportn his new Schawlby carbide ice spikes, and me on my home mades. Even though I was getting schooled on every climb due to my complete lack of legs, it was a blast, and considerably more fun than a night on the trainer. The feeling and sound of 600 screws biting and clawing the ice, ready to rip your leg to shreds should you tumble, and the crystallizing air smacking you in the face as you plow downhill like the Jamaican bobsled team, is well….awesome!
Oh, and HeavyD, the cheerleaders cleaned every switchback despite the snow, ice, and dark. Put that in your pipe and smoke it! Ha

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike, I am putting night ice biking in my top ten favorites list. I hope we get more of this ice and snow so I can justify the price of those ice spikers.

Heavy D said...

"Oh, and HeavyD, the cheerleaders cleaned every switchback despite the snow, ice, and dark. Put that in your pipe and smoke it! Ha"

Damn switchbacks!! They are my Nemesis! Rue this day for it will be your last. I am coming on strong and soon you will be able to look over your shoulder and see me holding right tight on your rear wheel. Oh yes, there will be justice!

Or maybe it is... you will look back and wonder where is HeavyD, turn around ride back and see I am still walking my bike up the hill. Yea, the later is much more believable:P

I am glad you all had fun. The trainer was the suxor!!!!

Anonymous said...

You can do it HeavyD!!!If us cheerleaders can do it, you can to!