Sunday, January 18, 2009

I Should Buy a Lottery Ticket


What a weekend. 9+ hours of saddle time, and this gem showed up unannounced. Most have heard the story so I wont bore you with it again, but lets just say I think its mine now.

Lots of niblets here:

1. 110 miles on CX bikes is a tall order. Add in the fact its January, the wind is blowing like mad, its cold, and most of the day consist of 6 inch deep gravel and count me out. Mad props to those who made at least the 95 miles. I called it good at 5 hours and 60 miles. Whew...

2. Free frames rock. Moots frames rock double.

3. Sunday's loop was superb. Lots of climbing and idle banter about everything from single malt to single speeds.

4. I need a recovery week. Almost 14 hours this week.

5. Cross bikes are ok after all. Shushhhhhh. Dont tell anyone.

6 comments:

evenslower said...

Dood?

Heavy D said...

That's a single speed saying....build me!!!!

daisythemoomobile said...

Since the Moots is my size, I really think you should let me trade it for a lottery ticket. Just think, you could have billons and all I'd have is a silly mtb frame.

Or just give the guy my address so I can accidently get Moots frames shipped to me.

Anonymous said...

Daisy, I'll wrastle you for it, just take off the red boots. Of course you know Mike is going to want something in return like a kidney or a year's worth of free housekeeping!!!

daisythemoomobile said...

How about a year's worth of free sports nutrition advice? And good thinking taking off the red boots, especially just painted red boots.

Lanterne Rouge said...

Butthead already offered an unwashed chamois for it, so you guys are going to have to pony up to beat that.