Saturday, January 3, 2009

Thirty-Five!

I turned 35 today, and the weather Gods smiled down upon me in celebration of my Birthday. I road north to HeavyD's and completed a windy Big Tree Loop before heading back home to Ashland. 60 miles and 4+ hours later I was only minutes from home, when... Well, see the body needs glycogen to keep moving forward at a high rate of speed, and I had grosley underestimated the ammout of that presious comodity I was going to need this day. I was in a complete fog, and felt as if the rear of my bike was coming apart. Seems it was! 3 miles from home I threw in the towel and called Cathy to rescue me and my flat tire. I'm off for some Barley Wine at Flat Branch to celebrate.

4 comments:

evenslower said...

Happy birthday dude. If I had been in town I'd have been out there with you. Did HeavyD get the proper dropping he had coming?

Lanterne Rouge said...

There was droppage, nothing serious though. Cant take much pride in distancing a dude on a MTB on the road.

Heavy D said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

He dropped me by mashing a big gear at 50 rpms on the climbs. Oh and when he pulled into the wind, we were able to go 3 or 4 miles faster.

I am the suckage, but I will not stop trying to get bettter!! Soon my name will change from HeavyD to Capt'n Dondo and I will get the respect I deserve...ha-ha

Anonymous said...

Happy B-Day