Saturday, January 10, 2009

LASIK

After a 12 month delay (trying to get money in my flexible spending account) I was finally able to pull the trigger on LASIK. Talk about George Jetson stuff! Walk in blind, shoot some lasers at the most precious of your 5 senses, and go home with 20/15 vision. All in less than 30 minutes. I've got a little reminder of the power of the suction device used to keep you balls steady during the proceedure, but it will go away in a few weeks says the Doc. I did get some really cool sunglasses too. Tried to use them riding today, but to no avail as they fogged something fierce.

I need some ideas on how to destroy my old specks. Anyone got a handgun and a small pumpkin?

Dr J, HeavyD, Daisy and I made some tracks (litterly, it was 29 degrees) at Rock Bridge today. It was like riding on a trail of snow cones. Almost frozen, and slow. Good workout though. Tomorrow we hit it hard. Ladies, saddle up.

3 comments:

Heavy D said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heavy D said...

Oops!

I drove 5 hours to ride 2 hours. Shouldn't it be the other way around? I had a blast though. I could not believe how much perspiration i could produce when it is below freezing. I think I am dehydrated. My hydro pack bite piece froze up on me half way through.

What a huge difference to finally have a rear wheel that has a dimmer rather than a light switch. Now if I can get my front brake back, I will be all set!

Lanterne Rouge said...

Yes on the driving part. The key on the camelback in the cold is to blow the water back into the bladder.

I could say something about your ability to blow, but this is a public forum.