Saturday, May 16, 2009

: (




Nagging injuries suck. In 20+ years of riding I’ve never had much of anything to complain about, as my discomfort on the bike was in direct relationship to my fitness, not some anatomical problem. Somewhere along the road this winter that all changed. It started with some tendinitis in the upper calf, moved to the Medial Patellar Femoral Ligament, and is finishing with some IT Band tightness, etc. After a slew of adjustments to my setup and riding/sleeping through pain constantly, and the strickt recommendation from my therapist (wife), I’m taking a couple weeks off to get things healed up.

I’m 7 days into what plans to be 2 weeks off. Its amazing how everyday life issues seem to pile up and ruin your day when you have no avenue for release. My wife is sick of me, my coworkers wanna know what’s up, and even my dog looks at me funny.

I still haven’t gotten what I consider a decent ride on my new rocket ship MTB, and the local trails look like this.

Oh well, at least I have a new keg of Fowler Creek Red to keep me company as I sulk in the basement.


3 comments:

Haricot Verts said...

Hang in there. You will be dropping us again soon.

Doug said...

If it makes you feel any better, and I hate to even use this to make anyone feel better....The Ozark Trail, Berryman, Council Bluffs, are all destroyed and mostly un-rideable due to some horrible storms. So you're not missing anything there.
Get yourself a copy of "24 solo" and watch it repeatedly until the pain goes away.
Then lets get together and ride some trails. Maybe I could keep up with you for an hour or so.

Anonymous said...

Mike, the Fowler Creek Red is awesome, thanks for letting us sulk with you.