Thursday, May 28, 2009

Perpetuating the Myth

I’ve been to AR three times this spring. Rather than arrive with some preconceived notions about the indigenous people, I made a point of keeping an open mind about the local “wildlife” if you will. Let just say the stereotypical views of Arkansas’eans hold true. In a list form, things I witnessed during my travels:

· 3 County and 1 State Police at a campground because of a domestic violence “issue”
· 13 canoes full of Amish teenagers in full dress, headgear, and long pants
· Grandma and Grandpa on dulling golf carts drinking Bush Light
· 3 tooth hillbilly hitting on my wife and sister by offering them strawberry moonshine
· A sign entering the camp requesting I break down or unload all firearms before entering
· Dry county-nuff said
· A mobile home that had been converted to an RV – no joke

2 comments:

DMP said...

Paddle Faster.... I hear Banjo's

evenslower said...

But did they drink the moonshine